College and university representatives often visit Park Hill South High School to meet with small groups of students to discuss the features and benefits of their college/university and the application processes for them.
College Visit Calendar
You can view the calendar for scheduled college/university representative visits in a couple of ways. You can log-in to Family Connection/Naviance. Click here
for instructions to do so. You can also view the Park Hill South Calendar by clicking here.
Finally, you can view all Counseling activities, including College Representative Visits, on the Calendar & Events page of
the Counseling website.
Importance of and Questions to Ask During College/University Representative Visits
Read what the CollegeBoard
(maker of the PSAT, SAT and AP exams) has to say about the importance of college representative visits: professionals.collegeboard.com/guidance/college/reps
Here is a list of 20 questions to ask a college representative from the College Board (or click here
to download the list to bring with you to the visit!):
1. What makes your college unique?
Source: Get it Together for College 2nd ed. (College Board, 2011).
2. What academic programs is your college most known for?
3. How would you describe the kids that go there? Where do most of them come from?
4. Where do kids hang out on campus?
5. What happens on weekends—are there things to do on campus or in town, or do most kids go home?
6. Are fraternities and sororities a big part of campus life?
7. What are the housing options for freshmen?
8. Do many students live off campus?
9. Is there a sports complex or fitness center?
10. What are the most popular clubs and activities?
11. What’s the security like on campus?
12. What’s the surrounding area like? Is it easy to get around?
13. What are the most popular majors?
14. How would you describe the academic pressure and workload?
15. What support services are available (academic advisors, tutors, etc.)?
16. Do I need to bring my own computer?
17. What’s the faculty like? How accessible are they outside of class?
18. Are there opportunities for internships?
19. Is there job placement help for graduates?
20. Are any big changes in the works that I should know about?