Driving to School
Driving to school is a privilege for qualified seniors, juniors and sophomores. Qualifying and maintaining eligibility is based upon regular punctuality attendance, no outstanding fines, disciplinary issues, and good citizenship. While the school will seek to maintain the safety of the car and its content, authorized students must understand that they are fully responsible for their vehicle.
All vehicles parked on a school campus must be registered and have a parking permit. Vehicles without a valid parking permit may be fined, detained or towed without additional notice.
To Obtain a Parking Sticker You Need:
• Completed PHS Vehicle Registration Form
• Valid MO Driver’s License
• Current Proof of Insurance
• Current MO Vehicle Registration
• Paid $30.00 Parking Fee Receipt: Cash or Check made payable to PHS.
• All fines must be paid to be eligible for a parking sticker. Must show paid fines receipt.
Temporary parking pass
Temporary parking pass can be obtained for students at a daily rate if a different car has to be driven. Temporary parking passes can be bought with the attendance office.
• For students who have purchased a 2016-17 parking sticker the fee is $.50/day or $1.00/week.
• For students who have NOT purchased a parking sticker and need to drive temporarily the fee is $1.00/day or $5.00/week.
Permanent vehicle changes during school year
In the event you have a permanent vehicle change during the school year, remove the old sticker and bring it to the attendance office for a new sticker at no cost. If you cannot remove your sticker you will be charged a $5.00 fee for a new sticker. All new vehicles will need new: Vehicle Registration Forms (state and PHS) and Proof of Insurance.
Temporary license plate
If vehicle has a paper license plate, a temporary parking pass will be given to the student until the new state registration is available. Temporary parking passes will expire the same day as the temporary license plate. To receive the temporary parking pass, student must complete all other steps of the PHS registration process and provide proof temporary license plate.
For questions or concerns, please call Meghan Snyder at 816-359-4120