Dual Credit

Dual Credit vs. AP Classes

Click here to view a video that explains the difference between these methods of earning transferable college credit. 

Enrollment Information

The deadline to enroll for the Spring 2017 has passed. Check back in August for enrollment information for the Fall 2017 semester. 

Courses Offered 

Dual credit is offered for the following classes at Park Hill South High School: 
  • AP Chemistry 
  • AP Environmental Science
  • AP Psychology 
  • AP US History 
  • College Algebra & College Algebra A and B
  • Composition & Reading
  • French III & IV
  • German III & IV
  • Spanish III & IV
  • Speech

All dual credit is offered through MCC-Maple Woods. 

Dual Credit Payment

Payment is due in full or a Dual Credit Payment Plan must be set up by March 15, 2017!

The Dual Credit Payment Plan details:  
• There is a nonrefundable $17 pay plan setup fee—due at sign-up, and scheduled payments for the 3 installments.
• Installment #1 – due at sign-up. 
• Installment #2 – due April 15th 
• Installment #3 – due May 15th 
• Installments 2 and 3 are processed automatically on due date with user-designated payment method (e-check, credit card, debit card).
• $20 late fee will be applied if installment is not paid by the 22nd, if the balance is $50 or more. Late fees will be applied April & May.
• Plan is available through May 1st .

Drop Deadine

If your student signed up for dual credit and decides to drop the dual credit (this does NOT affect the high school credit), the deadline to do so is March 15, 2017. This is the last day to drop the class with a 100% refund to avoid having the class appear on a MCC-Maple Woods transcript. Students must have completed a Drop Form, which is also located in the Counseling Office, and must be returned to Ms. Chambers by that date. 

Withdrawal Date

If you signed up for dual credit and wish to withdraw from the dual credit portion of the course, the withdrawal date is April 17, 2017. Tuition will still be owed for the dual credit, and a grade of "W" will appear on the MCC-Maple Woods transcript. To withdraw from the dual credit, students must complete a Withdrawal Form, which is also located in the Counseling Office‚Äč, and must be returned by the withdrawal date to Ms. Chambers in the Counseling Office. 

Request a Transcript

If you have earned college credit from MCC-Maple Woods through a dual credit class at Park Hill South, you must request to have a (free) transcript sent to the college/university you plan to attend after you graduate. To request a transcript, follow these instructions: 
  1. Go to www.mcckc.edu and click myMCCKC in the upper, right-hand side at the top of the home page. 
  2. Log onto your myMCCKC account using your User ID & Password (if you do not know your User ID or Password, click on the respective Need User ID or Need Password link). 
  3. After you log-in, find the Student Center Home where there is a pull-down menu that includes an option to request a transcript.

AP vs. Dual Credit

Students can earn credit to transfer to colleges and universities by taking AP and dual credit courses. To learn about both and how to choose between them (when both options are available), watch the video below: 



Contact Ms. Glynis Chambers at 816-359-6057 or by email at chambersgl@parkhill.k12.mo.us